Upon request we can book for you
- single-, double- or multi-bed rooms in the Youth Hostel Klagenfurt (during spring and autumn courses)
- single apartments in the students’ residence Concordia (during summer courses),
- or – depending upon availability – we can also offer single rooms in a shared flat in the student dorm home4students (all year round).
While you can book your room in either the Youth Hostel or the students’ residence “Concordia” directly with us, accommodation in “home4students” can’t be booked online when you register for the course. If you’re interested, please contact us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose a multi-bed room, the allocation will be made gender separated. As far as possible, students of different nationality will be allocated to the same room so you don’t get tempted to use your mother tongue too often.
Your room will be at your disposal from Sunday before the beginning of the course (=day of arrival) until Saturday after the course is concluded (=day of departure). Exception home4students: check-ins are possible by appointment with the dormitory’s manager.
For each course we only have a limited number of rooms at our disposal. Therefore, please book your room on time.
Youth Hostel Klagenfurt
Rooms available from January to May and from September to December.
Rooms consist of bedroom and anteroom, shower and toilet. Bed linen are available, towels at a fee of € 1.50 (2021: € 1,70) for large and € 0.80 (2021: € 1,00) for small ones. WLAN access for free in the lobby. Room cleaning (daily) and change of bedlinen (once a week if guests stay at least 2 weeks) are included in the price. Parking lots free of charge.
Prices include a rich breakfast buffet and groups can also book rooms with half or fullboard.
Note: There are no rooms in the youth hostel with only one bed. So if you book a “single room”, you’ll get a multi-bed room just for yourself.
Students’ residence Concordia
Rooms available from June to August.
Single apartments with private shower/WC, kitchen. Kitchen equipped with dishes, cutlery, cookware and water boiler. WLAN free of charge.
Price includes bed linen and towels changed weekly, as well as room cleaning once a week and the end cleaning (Note for 2021: Please bring bed linen and towels! No intermediate cleaning of the rooms!). Washing machines and dryers are available. For a deposit of € 15.00 you will receive a stick at the reception, on which you can book money. This will pay for the washing machine and dryer. A wash costs € 2.00; drying € 1.00. When you return the stick, you will get your € 15.00 back. Irons and ironing-boards are also available. Parking lots are free of charge.
If you wish, you can rent a bike for the duration of your stay directly at the Concordia and also return it directly there at the end of your course. Think carefully whether to book your apartment with or without a bike. First, the walk to the university is quite long, second, you’ll also need the bike for many leisure activities. If you book your bike afterwards, we have to charge a processing fee of € 25.00 due to the increased administrative effort. It is also not certain that we will still have bikes available when you arrive.
Another important reminder: Concordia is a student residence, not a hotel. Please don’t expect the front desk to be open 24 hours a day or your room to be cleaned up every day. Although we ask for rest after 10 p.m., our guests are often in a party mood and it can get a little noisy at times. If you do not want all of this, we will be happy to help you find a room in a guest house or a hotel near the university. Yet another important information: Please don’t leave your room without your key. If you lock yourself out (which unfortunately happens quite often), you’ll have to wait for someone to unlock your apartment which can, depending on when this happens, take quite long.
Students’ residence home4students
Available all year round.
Rooms in “home4students” can’t be booked online when you register for the course. If you’re interested, please contact us by mail.
- Shared apartment (2 – 3 single rooms share vestibule, bathroom/shower and WC)
- Common kitchen for 10 students on the corridor (kitchen utensils available)
- Corridor with washing machine and laundry dryer
- W-LAN free of charge
- Linen available
- Parking lot (depending on availability)
- All utilities are included in the room rate
- At deposit of € 50.00 in cash must be paid upon arrival
- You can take breakfast at the neighboring All You Need-Hotel with an extra charge on-site.
Note: You can’t book these automatically when registering for a course! Please contact the respective guesthouse/hotel directly.
- AirBNB: ca. 10 private landlords in the vicinity of the university
- All You Need-Hotel: directly on Campus (opposite the main entrance of the university)
- Apartments/Hotel Krassnig: family-run apartments in Krumpendorf am Wörthersee
- Hotel Weidenhof: a well-run, cozy hotel on Wörthersee-Südufer-Straße
- Pension Wachau: a friendly guesthouse quite near the university
- Seepark Wörthersee Resort: Hotel quite near the university (a bit more expensive)
- Bed & Breakfast – Lakeside-Uni-Apartments: approx. 15 minutes walk to the university
- Paul’s Home: Apartments quite near the university
- Hotel ibis Styles: new, modern city hotel in the center of Klagenfurt (expensive)
- Hotel Plattenwirt: modern hotel quite near to the Wörthersee (expensive)
- Alpen-Adria-Stadthotel: approx. 10 minutes by bus to the university
- Hotel Rösch: a well-run, cozy hotel on Wörthersee-Südufer-Straße
- White House Klagenfurt: approx. 5 minutes by bus to the university
- Fischgasthof Jerolitsch: affordable rooms in Krumpendorf am Wörthersee