The aim of the MORE program at the Alpen-Adria-Universität (AAU) is to provide future prospects and opportunities for people with a refugee background by offering them access to the Austrian higher education. Asylum seekers and persons entitled to asylum* are entitled to attend courses of the MORE program in order to improve their language skills or to further their studies. Selected courses for MORE students are offered by all four faculties of the University of Klagenfurt, all of which which can be completed with an examination. MORE students are exempt from tuition fees and ÖH contributions and have access to the university library.
Because the language of instruction at the AAU is preferably German or English, good German or English skills (level B1) are required. As “German in Austria” is part of the MORE program, we offer German language courses free of charge for the target group, apart from a small fee of € 5.00 to cover teaching materials. The fee is collected in cash upon registration.
In order to participate, it is necessary to apply to the International Office at the AAU. The application is followed by an interview and the allocation of a course place in accordance with the International Office selection procedure.
Who can participate in the MORE program?
- Asylum seekers with a residence permit in accordance with Section 51 of the Asylum Act
- Persons entitled to asylum*
- Additional persons entitled to protection in accordance with Section 52 of the Asylum Act
- Exceptional refugees in accordance with Section 46a of the FPG
* If you are receiving a “needs-based basic income”, please check with the Labor Market Service (AMS) to find out whether participation in the MORE program could have financial consequences for you.